Has it been a little tough for you to get yourself exercising or have you been generally feeling a bit unmotivated?
I hear you!
For the first two weeks of iso-life I really struggled to feel motivated!
But did you know that in order to get your motivation back you don’t actually need to ‘feel more motivated’.
You’re probably thinking right now: “What the heck is she talking about”?!
Hear me out!
Motivation is a funny thing. When everything in life is aligned or usually when we get started on something new we naturally feel motivated. The key words here are: WHEN EVERYTHING IS ALIGNED.
Life is not always aligned, especially not right now.
What you’re missing out on at the moment is the natural rise and fall of feeling motivated because you’re dealing with so much other s***.
True motivation is made out of the following 3 components:
You can’t expect that motivation is just going to be there, you need to create it!
In order to ALWAYS feel motivated or in order to quickly pull you back on track you need to work on the above 3 things!
Let’s take a closer look:
- In order to attain spark you must create a compelling vision (e.g. if you’re feeling motivated with work what’s your professional vision? E.g. if you’re feeling unmotivated to train what’s your physical vision?)
- You must practice self-belief. The more you believe in yourself and your abilities the more motivated you will feel and the more ‘pull’ towards your vision you will experience
- Where your attention goes your energy flows. The more negative thought patterns you pay attention to the less attention you can give to what’s important. You’ll lose focus. If your attention is in the right place, motivation will follow
- Effort- It’s usually more effort than what you initially think. More effort to get that transformation, more effort to get that promotion… Things take time and effort
- If your attitude is shit the good luck with feeling motivated. That sounded harsh, I didn’t quite mean It that way but I’m sure you can see that if you have a negative attitude you won’t be feeling motivated
- Environment: The people you surround yourself with have a massive impact whether you’re feeling motivated or not. Whilst isolating this can be a little tricky but this is why it’s important to create the time and space you need (e.g. through walking)
I hope this resets your outlook on motivation and inspires you to ‘work on’ consistently feeling motivated.