Quinoa is such a light carbohydrate and it is so versatile!
I love making really quick meals preferably using only one, maximum two
pieces of equipment and ideally I try to make it in under 30min.
Try to always cook a few meals at the same time rather than cooking
an individual dish for each meal- this saves so much time!!
Quinoa & Seafood medley
Ingredients (per 1 serve):
– 200g cooked quinoa = 1 cup
– 150g mixed seafood (e.g. white fish and prawns)
– 1 extra large red chilli
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1-2 tsp. coconut oil
– 1-2 tsp. satay spice mix
– salt & pepper to taste
– bunch of coarsely chopped curly kale leaves (washed and drained)
– Chop up garlic and chilli
– Dice your seafood into small cubes
– Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add garlic, chilli and a little salt; stir frequently for a couple of min.
– Add the seafood and keep stirring. Season with salt, pepper and satay spice mix
– Once the seafood seems almost cooked add the kale and mix in well
– Once the leaves are softened add the cup of quinoa
– Mix everything well and serve or store in your fridge for up to 2 days
I find this dish tastes nice cold too. Enjoy!happy wheels